Friday, February 17, 2012

We Love Valentine's Day!



We do love Valentine's Day around our house.  We start after Autumn's birthday with our 'Heart Attack' tradition.  We fill a bowl on the kitchen table with little paper hearts and encourage everyone to write what they love about each other each night after dinner and then stick them on the window.  

Gavin's hearts inevitably came back to loving us because of something to do with his four-wheeler - having it or riding it together.  Autumn said one of the reasons she loved me is because I have a big, round belly like Santa Claus.  It's just what I want to hear! (*wink wink*).  We all confirmed that we love Gage for his cuddles and laugh.

On Valentine's Day we have a scavenger hunt.  Somehow this is one of the holiday traditions that has really stuck with the kids.  They remember it each year, which makes me so happy.  On their fourteenth clue, they find their surprise.

We found these cute, cuddly bears a few weeks ago . . . and couldn't wait to give them to the kids.  We have been working with them a lot (especially Autumn) on being grateful.  Because, I'll admit . . . last year's scavenger hunt ended a little rough.  She was not satisfied with her 2010 surprise.  And, we were very unhappy with her response.  Needless to say . . . the bears were an enormous hit and she gave immediate hugs to Jeff and I, along with a sincere 'thank you.'  

Gavin immediately named his bear 'Brownie' (after confirming that that was indeed a boy name) and, so far, Autumn's pink bear has been named 'Cuddles', 'Cutie' and 'Hugs.'


 This year's Valentine's dinner consisted of eggs and pink pancakes and then chocolate fondue.



And, of course . . . my sweet husband surprised me with flowers from the kids - plus drove an hour each way to pick up a present that I'd been wanting for months.


After Jeff and I put the kids to bed, we had our own stay-at-home Valentine's date.  I'll keep those details to myself.   :)

We definitely have a lot of love at our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment