Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prayers for Bronson

On Saturday, our dear friends Matt and Sara suffered an unimaginable tragedy. Their baby Bronson - just 16 months old - drowned in their bathtub. Through a whirlwind of action and miracles, he was revived at the hospital after slipping away. Words cannot begin to express my heartbreak and overwhelming love for their family. We have cried, prayed, waited for updates, cried and prayed some more.

And, while I constantly think of them, I am also reminded of our time at Primary Children's, a place of miracles, tragedy and hope. We were uplifted, comforted and astonished by the outpouring of love from friends, neighbors, family and even practical strangers. We appreciated every prayer, call, email, flower, meal and thought on our behalf. Yet, I also couldn't imagine or quite comprehend people being so affected by an experience that felt so personal.

And, while I in no way am comparing our experiences for one second . . . I can, for the first time and with certainty, understand and appreciate the feelings that so many of you had for my family. Is this how you felt? I cannot express my appreciation enough.

My heart literally aches for sweet Sara - as she endures an endless tirade of emotions and regret, sadness and hope. She has always been undoubtedly one of the most remarkable women I have ever met . . . the kind of person that I strive to be. And, she and her family continue to amaze me.

Life seems to stop in everyone's worlds at different points. Time caring over your child's bed at Primary Children's will change you forever. Everyone should walk out of that hospital with their baby in their arms. It's almost painful, even shameful, to have press on when you know loved ones are suffering somewhere. So, for as long as you can . . . please pray for little Bronson, that he can be made whole. Pray for Sara and her family that they may find comfort and peace.

Sara is sharing updates on her blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing their story and their blog. What great faith your girlfriend and her husband have to go through such a trail in their lives. Their story has touched my heart and we are prayer for their precious Bronson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what a miracle that little boy is. Seriously!! I was so happy to hear that he was doing so great and actually home. He has been in my thoughts so much lately. Miracles happen and prayers really do work. Miss & Love ya Karen!!

    ReplyDelete