Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Ranson Come to Canada!

In a rare photo that includes me (very unusual) and my mother (extremely rare), you can see the whole family post-volcano lava chocolate cake at the Rainforest Cafe in Toronto. Autumn worked hard to fill up her sticker chart to earn this fabulous reward. And, Jeff and I helped her along with her stickers at the end to ensure that she received her fantastic reward when Grandma and Grandpa Ranson were in town. I told my parents that it was the closest thing to Disney World you could get right around the corner.

It was such a good time to have my parents at my home when we had time to just enjoy each other. Both of their trips have been within a month of Autumn and Gavin's births. I was desperately trying to figure out how to be a new mom with Autumn and in the hospital for surgery #2 with Gavin when they visited. So, even though I had to work more than I would have wanted . . . I hope they are as happy they made the long voyage to Canada as we all were.

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa & I were so happy to be able to spend time with all of you. We enjoyed our time together but were completely overwhelmed by the size of Toronto & its accompanying traffic. I marvel that you have handled the move so well. We quickly learned that our GPS is woefully outdated & spent many additional hours trying to get back home after taking a wrong exit which led to a road closure, construction delays, & many detours.
    We learned that Autumn's favorite pastime is playing with Play-Doh & that Gavin loves all cars & trucks, & yes, speed!

    ReplyDelete