Sunday, September 2, 2012

Baby G: 2 and 3 months old and a Mommy/Daughter/Baby date

This summer has flown by.  I've been doing plenty of picture-taking (although still not as much as I would like) and we've been doing lots of fun things.  But, sitting down at the computer to detail our life's events has proven to be much, much harder.  Here are some highlights . . .

Sweet little Garrett turned two months and then three months . . . He is such a sweet baby.  I might have said that about all of my children - which is true.  But, little baby G hardly ever cries.  He's calm and mellow and content.  He loves to suck on his lips when he's awake.  He prefers his binkie only for a brief window as he's falling asleep - sometimes.  And, he is the only one of our babies that liked swaddling beyond that initial hospital stay.  If he can, he will fall asleep with both arms above his head, which is absolutely adorable.  But, in most cases, we swaddle his arms so that he feels secure and comfortable . . . and then he just sleeps away.

He has this big, round head - that's rounder than the others - and cheeks that are perfect for squishing.  Garrett has two tiny dimples that show on his cheeks when he giggles and smiles.  And, of course, he has big round eyes.  We are still waiting to declare a color for his eyes.  They are dark.  But, they're not brown - and they're not exactly blue either.  They are a wonderful combination of blue, gray, green and brown.  They are unique and special like he is.

In the last few days, he has also started really jabbering.  Just laying on the floor and jabbering away.  It's adorable.

Yes . . . I am completely enamored.  He is my big, big, growing-to-fast, sweet baby boy.

Two months old






Three months old




I have been incredibly lucky that I have never suffered from post-partum blues.  Yes, c-sections were definitely a trial for me physically . . . especially with Garrett since Gage was still so young.  But, I just want to sit and hold my babies and revel at my growing family and soak in every second.  In fact . . . after these last two babies, I just want them to multiply.  We really thought that Gage was going to be our last family addition . . . and, I couldn't stop saying how I would just clone him if I could.  I wanted another baby just like him.  And, then we were so incredibly blessed to be surprised by Garrett.  And, he is so absolutely wonderful.  Yes, there are many 'but this' or 'but that' to having another baby.  But, it doesn't stop the longing that I have.   If I were younger, if we'd started sooner, if we didn't have such a gap between Gavin and Gage (which was not at all planned by us), if we knew everything would be okay . . . 

Oh how I love my kids.  I'm not saying that sometimes I don't go a little batty or that the incessant "Mom, mom, mom, mom" calling isn't sometimes very bittersweet.  I'm realistic.  I'm honest.  I'm only human.

I am so happy with my husband and our kids and the life we have.  My biggest fear is that all of this will be taken away from me.  By a sickness or an accident or some other awful tragedy.  I hear so many  sad stories of loss and sickness.  Who knows why some of us go through life with different challenges.  But, I am trying to focus on the here and now and be present in the moment.  Because I am so very blessed.

And . . . for the record . . . after each pregnancy, it's not that I just want another baby . . .  On a lighter note, I am also cooking like bacon all the time.  Man . . . I just can't get my temperature regulated.  Thank goodness for my own office temperature control at work.  Yes, I do have people meet with me in my so-called "meat locker" while they are cuddling with blankets and wearing sweaters and I am barely comfortable in a short-sleeved shirt.  But, this I can handled.  It's much easier to turn on a fan, apparently, than clone a baby.

Mommy/Daughter and Baby Dates

On little Baby G's two-month birthday, Autumn and I happened to be scheduled for one of our mommy/daughter dates.  We have been consciously scheduling individual dates with our kids - and included regular dates as a goal on our Summer List (which I think we will just convert into our ongoing Wish List until we accomplish everything).

Autumn, Garrett and I headed down to Utah County for a fancy pedicure and dinner.  Autumn was able to finagle a mani and pedi from our nail tech.  He really kept her entertained.  And, all of the ladies in the salon were offering to hold Garrett for me.  But, I wasn't about to give him up when I could easily snuggle him and have someone rub my feet and legs!  

After our toes were glittery and bedazzled, we stopped by a bookstore and picked up a few books and a  Webkinz horse for Autumn (I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy many, many more - the full-size animals were on a screaming discount for $1.99 each . . . kick, kick, kick), and then headed to Red Lobster, Autumn's pick for the evening.

Oh those delicious rolls.

Garrett was an angel and slept peacefully throughout dinner.

It couldn't have been a better day (although it could have been a few degrees cooler for our liking).  Otherwise . . . perfection.







2 comments:

  1. Garrett is so different looking than your other kids, he looks a little bit like Autumn but wow does he ever have his own look!!! Sounds like your summer flew by fast too, I'm dreading the routine this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. You are such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete