Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Super Mad" Just Goes Medium



Autumn had her first swimming lesson yesterday . . . and loved it! Ironically, over the last few months, Autumn has been putting on her bathing suit and pretending to be taking swim lessons in her bedroom (there is a very large imaginary pool in the center of her room . . . and she'll let you know if you step in it). I've been planning for these lessons since before her birth (since I'm a terrible swimmer myself) . . . and then the whole poo funk disease spread around last summer and limited our options. So, the first opportunity I found, we jumped on it!

Autumn was so sweet and polite and so attentive with her teacher. She announced to everyone in the locker room afterwards that she "just loved her teacher." She blew bubbles, put her face in the water and kicked and splashed upon command.

She put her arms in the Super Mad position as instructed by her teacher. No . . . that was not a typo. I assumed she learned the Super Man position. But, Autumn quickly corrected me. "No Mom . . . it's Super MaDDDD."

Ahhh . . . ok.



Today, when most of the other kids in the class jumped in the pool with life jackets on . . . and she scooted in . . . I asked her why she didn't decide to "go big."

She informed me, "I just wanted to go medium so I wouldn't get my face in the water."

7 comments:

  1. I love that she just wants to "go medium"..who thinks to say that...oh yes, your sweet little Autumn, she always has something cute to say which makes me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. I am a horrible swimmer also. I still do the doggie paddle & swallow more water than is healthy! I have wanted to get Aiden in. Is there an age limit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for her!! I'm sure it's way fun for you to watch too! =) She's a smart little cookie like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny and cute"go medium" the things kids say. Swim lessons are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that Autumn is learning to swim since Karen, herself, is not a good swimmer (as she repeatedly tells me) and that it's my fault for not giving her more lessons. I hope Autumn will continue to love the water as much as her grandpa does. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read about the stuff she says, it cracks me up! Good job, Gavin, on the cake-- properly destroyed. He's so cute, and great picture. Also, I wish I had Autumn's hair. What shampoo is she using?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She usually uses my Biolage . . . but, sometimes it's straight Johnson and Johnson All over Body Wash. If only she'd let me fix it and/or even brush it. Sometimes it's a struggle just to wash it. That girl . . . :)

    ReplyDelete